The Lounge- a forum of Coordinators is a three day residential programme on “Supportive Leadership” organized exclusively for Academic Coordinators and Heads of Institutions of ACT associate institutions. Lounge-2016 was held at Academy for Creative Teaching, R T Nagar, Bangalore on 28th, 29th and 30th of July 2016.
The focuses of the Supportive Leadership programme were
- Enhance the professional competency and attitude
- Create a culture of developing creative learning practices
- Realise tenets supportive leadership
The module discussions were on:-
- Supportive Leadership: Role of a coordinator
- Strong interpersonal skills at workplace
- Best practices in teaching & learning and linking it to assessment
- Turning conflicts into opportunities
- Documentation- The corner stone of students learning and achievement
- Effective Teacher Appraisal
- Panel discussion on mentoring new teachers.
The Lounge witnessed 18 participants from ACT associated institution. The participants actively contributed to the forum. They conducted the reflection and sharing of learning for every session in lounge.