[mvc_countdown style=”odHMS” id=”ACT_WEBINAR_1″ year=”0″ month=”9″ date=”12″ textcolor=”#000000″ periodcolor=”#000000″ bgcolor=”#eaeaea”]
Changing Context for Students at Higher Education: Role of Educators
12 September 2020
5:00 PM IST
NEP 2020 emphasizes on more holistic and multidisciplinary education with arts and humanities. New regulation, accreditation, and academic standards. Reforms in Teacher Education System, Scope for open and distance learning, online education and digital education, Integration of technology in education, and internationalization.
What will you learn:
- Understand the revolutionary reforms in NEP-Higher Education.
- Approaches to design holistic and multidisciplinary education.
- Discuss the role of Academic Bank of Credit and The National Research Foundation.
- Analyze the system of the new Teacher Education programme.
- Discuss the scope of integrating technology in education and internationalization.
- Prepare a plan of action to implement the new initiatives in Higher Education- NEP.
Takeaways from the National Level Webinar
• E – Certificate for participation
• Synopsis of the session on NEP 2020
• Live interaction with the Speakers NEP drafting committee members (Q & A)
• Being part of the discussion forums with other educators
Who can attend:
Lecturers, Professors, Deans, Principals, Educators, and Vice- Chancellors.
Programme Date: 12th September 2020
Duration of the Session: 02 Hours (1-hour presentation and 1-hour Q & A)
Session Timings: 5:00pm-7:00pm (IST)
Participants from India: 300 INR
Participants from Overseas: 10 USD
M.Com, M.Phil, Ph.D.,
Professor at Canara Bank School of Management Studies (CBSMS) (Post Graduate Department of Management)
Member-Secretary, Karnataka State Innovation Council (Government of Karnataka)
On deputation to Karnataka Jnana Aayoga (Karnataka Knowledge Commission)
Government of Karnataka, As Member-Secretary & Executive Director.
- From December 2008 to till date, working as Member-Secretary & Executive Director of Karnataka Knowledge Commission (Government of Karnataka)on deputation. The work profile includes visioning for building knowledge society, networking with experts, interface with Government departments, piloting certain innovative ideas, facilitation in policymaking and advocacy.
- From the Year 1999 till 2008, worked at Canara Bank School of Management Studies(Post Graduate Department of Management) Bangalore University, Bangalore as ‘Reader’ and ‘Professor’. Courses handled at MBA are Communication Skills, Managerial Communication, Marketing Management, Marketing of Services, Compensation Management, Business Negotiations, Training & Development and Business Ethics and Values.
- From the Year 1979 to 1999, worked full time at Vijaya College, Bangalore. Joined as ‘Lecturer’ and promoted to the post of ‘Senior Lecturer’. The specialization subjects that I was handling were Income Tax, Banking and Marketing.
- Member of the research team on ‘Developing Grassroots leadership in School Education Department of Karnataka‘ as part of ‘Indian Management Research Award, 2009 jointly given by Emerald group of publications, UK and All India Management Association.
- Member of the research team on “Internationalization of Small and Medium enterprises- Study of critical factors” funded by Korea Institute of Science and Technology.
- From April, 2004 to February, 2007, I was the Principal Investigator for the research project, “Study of Interaction between Technical Institutions and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Science and Technology Sector”. This has been sponsored by the NSTMIS Division of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- From January, 2006 to June, 2006, I was the principal investigator of two consultancy research projects “Exploration of strategy to convert personalized mode travelers into BMTC commuters in the city of Bangalore” and “Study of travel pattern and needs of BMTC commuters at Subhashnagar bus stand”. These were sponsored by Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) as consultancy studies for formulating their strategies for future.
- From June, 2004 to May, 2005, I was the project coordinator of a research project “Human resources in call centre industry–An exploration of potential and challenges” sponsored by National Association of Service and Software Companies (NASSCOM) and undertaken jointly by Canara Bank School of Management Studies, Department of Psychology, Bangalore University and National Institute for Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS).
- Course coordinator for two training programmes for employees of LRDE during 3rd to 8th of March,08 and 24th to 29th March, 08 at Administrative Training Institute, Mysore
- Project Leader and Course Coordinator of 147 days of Management Development Programme in a residential mode conducted for 123 select officers of Department of Public Instruction, Govt. of Karnataka during February and August, 2007. This was organized by Policy Planning Unit and Ajim Premji Foundation and was funded by World Bank under IDF grants. This assignment included identification of training needs, selection of participants, and design of content, building a resource team, delivery, guidance of 400 projects, module development, test delivery, pilot delivery and certification of participants.
[mvc_infobox title_color=”#000000″ info_title=”For More Information contact Mr. Sandeep +91 7892417316 / email@example.com”][/mvc_infobox]